Marketing Stories Archive
In 2004 KnowThis.com began building a database of Marketing Stories drawn from magazines, newspapers, news sites, blogs and other Internet websites. To date over 4,500 stories have been compiled with more added each week. Stories cover a wide-range of marketing topics and are categorized by topics found within our Principles of Marketing Tutorials.
Stories found within the Marketing Stories Archive contain links to the original story and in many cases (but not all) are still freely accessible. For stories that are no longer accessible we offer advice for accessing these on this page.
To find a story we offer two methods:
- Click on one of the Marketing Stories topics listed below.
- Visit the Search the Marketing Stories Archive page to search our archives.
Latest Marketing Stories
- 'Likes' Lead to Nothing—and Other Hard-Learned Lessons of Social Media Marketing (the state of social media and marketing) Harvard B-School Working Knowledge
- It Began With a Gecko. Mayhem (and Flo and Peyton) Ensued. (how insurance advertising has changed) New York Times
- Americans Still Love Eating Out. So Why are Restaurants Like Chili's, BJ's and Cheesecake Factory Struggling? (problems facing chain restaurants) Los Angeles Times
- Toys R Us — Crushed by Debt — Files for Bankruptcy (yet another top retailer files for bankruptcy) Washington Post
- Nordstrom's New Concept: A Clothing Store With No Clothes For Sale (retailers move to attract customers with non-products) Los Angeles Times